May 31, 2012

KIPS BAY 40th Annual Decorator Show House 2012

KIPS BAY 40th Annual Decorator Show House 2012

I arrive to a NYC High Rise with my fellow blogger and friend, Christy (who took these fabulous pictures that you are about to see http://www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com).  As we walk into a beautiful high rise not expecting anything but first class, keeping with the reputation of the well known Kips Bay Show House, right away we notice there are lots of large dogs that are coming and going from this building.  Since we are animal lovers and we both have large dogs, I have a sad thought about the kind of life these pups must have with no back yard and living in an “apartment”.   I will admit, I didn't feel sorry for the dogs for long.  This is what I saw:
Designer:Bryant Keller
Photo from: http://habituallychic.blogspot.com/2012/05/kips-bay-decorator-show-house-2012.html
  
Designer: Robert Schwartz and Karen Williams for St. Charles

My personal favorite.  A small bar area in the kitchen
Designer: Charlotte Moss, LLC
Designer: Zoya Bograd of Rooms by Zoya B. 

Here is part of the outdoor seating area with the pool sitting behind.  It was a rainy day.
 The pool
Additional outdoor seating. 
We were told that many of the homeowners add grass and trees to their balconies.  Which made me realize --- any dog would be LUCKY to call this place home.

4 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that I appreciated your insights about the topic. Quite helpful for what I am interested in these days.
    ethnic home decor

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are jaw-dropping interior designs, Jane. The small bar area in the kitchen would be my favorite too. :P Well, each interior designer has his/her own unique style of designing. You must have a huge passion for interior designing to find all those designs. I'm impressed. I wish you could post some of your designs here too, Jane. Yes, I definitely would like to see them. :)

    Louie Cunningham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what Louie has to say, that each interior designer has his/her own unique style. I have to say though that it all boils down to the design theme. A great interior designer must know how to play with the color patterns, be effective in utilizing the given space, and they must have a keen eye for detail and aesthetics.

      Randell Jeffries

      Delete
  3. Louie, Glad you like the designs from Kips Bay. You can see our designs at www.janepagedesigngroup.com

    ReplyDelete